As most of you know, Corporate Social Responsibility is an integral part of Qlik’s core values. I’d like to take this opportunity to highlight the wonderful work of Mercy Ships. Through our Qlik Software Grant program, Qlik partnered with Mercy Ships to provide software licenses to further their great mission. IPC Global, a Qlik services provider, provided the support needed to leverage the software capabilities to the greatest extent.
Mercy Ships is an international organization based in Dallas, Texas, with a mission to increase access to healthcare throughout the world. The Africa Mercy is currently the world's largest non-governmental floating hospital promoting health and well-being by empowering capacity building and meeting the urgent surgical needs of the world’s forgotten poor.
Mercy Ships has provided services and materials in developing nations valued at over $1.2 billion, including the following:
- Performed more than 78,000 life-changing operations such as cleft lip and palate repair, cataract removal, orthopedic procedures, facial reconstruction and obstetric fistula repair;
- Treated over 183,000 dental patients including over 353,000 dental procedures;
- Trained more than 5,800 local teachers who have in turn trained many others;
- Trained over 35,300 local professionals in their area of expertise;
- Taught over 183,000 local people in basic health care; and
- Completed over 1,100 community development projects focusing on water and sanitation, education, infrastructure development and agriculture.
Funding for Mercy Ships is provided primarily through private donations. Mercy Ships is using Qlik software to support their Executive Management Team for the ROI analysis of fundraising and financial activities. According to Mercy Ships founder Don Stephens:
“QlikView is an excellent high-level executive tool that enables us to make decisions easily versus making decisions without a complete view of the relevant information.”
We’ll be sure to keep you updated as Mercy Ships expands the use of Qlik into other areas of the organization. Thank you IPC Global for your services support and Mercy Ships for your life-saving work.