Cloud Operations Engineer
We believe data can change the world.
And we believe people can, too.
At Qlik, we’re committed to making it easier for people to make transformative discoveries in their data and act on them. We want to enhance everyone’s natural ability to ask questions, analyze data, and make decisions. And that helps make analyzing data a natural part of making decisions and creating value.
What makes you Qlik?
Would you like to work for a great company where you can make a difference? If you love simplicity and share a passion to challenge the conventional, here is your chance to make a career of it.
Qlik offers a fast paced, high-energy, innovative, global and team-oriented culture, with a flexible and exciting work environment, as well as plenty of opportunities for you to grow as a professional and as an individual.
As a Cloud Operations Engineer you will work directly with the Qlik Cloud platform, ensuring optimum operation through monitoring, updates, optimization and new functionality. This position includes system administration, automation, cloud server orchestration, server configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting web sites.
- Develop and support cloud infrastructure designs and implementations and being directly involved in the software deployment process;
- Use monitoring tools to find problems and resolve and/or escalate to development;
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems;
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records;
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems;
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to development teams;
- Plan and perform Operating System and software upgrades;
- Provide general assistance for Technical Support;
- Assist in the development and implementation of disaster recovery plans; and
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Bachelor equivalent mandatory (preferably in a technical discipline);
- 3+ years of experience with Cloud Technology;
- Experience with automated deployment and automated software tasks;
- [PIS]aaS background with AWS (S3, EC2, etc.), Atlassian Jira/Confluence, Bamboo, OpenLDAP, Load Balancing, Node application familiarity, Solid scripting (Python, Ruby, etc) background;
- Familiar and comfortable with agile development techniques and continuous integration;
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently on projects; proactive and strong ability to learn new things with limited guidance; and
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team and with cross-functional technical and business teams.
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qlik’s powerful, accessible business intelligence solution enables organizations to make better and faster decisions. Its QlikView product delivers enterprise-class analytics and search with the simplicity and ease of use of office productivity software. The in-memory associative search technology it pioneered makes calculations in real-time enabling business professionals to gain insight through intuitive data exploration. Unlike traditional business intelligence products, QlikView can deliver value in days or weeks rather than months, years, or not at all. It can be deployed on premise, in the cloud, or on a laptop or mobile device—from a single user to large global enterprises. Qlik is headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, with offices around the world and a network of over 1,700 partners to serve more than 31,000 customers in over 100 countries worldwide.