Would you like to work for one of the Best Workplaces in Europe 2016? Awarded by Great Place to Work as the #23 Best Workplace in the Multinational Category, Qlik offers a fast paced, high-energy, innovative, global and team-oriented culture, with a flexible and exciting work environment, as well as plenty of opportunities for you to grow as a professional and as an individual.
About the role
Director Market Development Manufacturing & High Tech will be a leader and champion for Qlik in these strategically important industries. The objective is building market share and success while making Qlik the undisputed leader in data discovery & analytics.
The ideal candidate will be able to articulate value quantification and how Qlik projects can achieve return on investment. You will work with the global industry team to manage not only the go-to-market strategy, but also the tactical execution to further penetrate key target segments through collaboration and coordination with Sales, Alliances, Marketing (Field, Product & Partner) ensuring Qlik are successful in achieving their planned business goals and growth.
The priority industries covered in this role will be:
- High Tech (primary)
- Automotive, Industrial & Aerospace (primary)
- Mill Products
This is a position that involves entrepreneurial leadership, analytical thinking, creative instinct and notoriety in the assigned industries. Experience in High Tech (specifically Software / OEM) and Automotive, Industrial & Aerospace is essential. Experience or knowledge of Mill Products, Chemicals or Life Sciences industries is valuable as well. The role is complimented by peers in the US, EMEA and APAC.
An understanding of Qlik’s differentiation, and strong sales and marketing skills as well as a good understanding of the relevant Partner models and Go-to-Market strategy will also be necessary. Depending on the candidate, you should be well-known to the industry and seen as a thought leader, spokesperson, or often published industry advocate and have strength in either public speaking, or be heavily experienced in marketing, behind the scenes impactful content generation, writing, blogging, and publishing.
- Develop & execute the industry segment development plan by delivering on license revenue targets with the vertical sales team and other industry revenue quota carriers
- Contribute to the development of Revenue Pipeline in assigned industries and markets
- Engage in consultative sales support with select customers and prospects in Europe, across enterprise and named accounts, mid-market, and other strategic opportunities
- Contribute to the development of Global Solution Programs relevant to assigned industries
- Build brand awareness and recognition through industry segment specific Analyst, Media, and industry/customer engagement
- Help define key solutions and positioning of Qlik products within sector
- Create and develop suite of segment specific sales and Partner enablement materials
- Collaborate with and support Field Marketing with integrated marketing campaigns to develop the industries
- Coordinate with Alliances in defining and developing the Partner Ecosystem to support the industry segment
- 10+ Experience and well-connected in industry vertical
- Experience in software/technology sales and marketing
- Track record of contribution to revenue growth and expanding the foot print in the assigned markets
- Experience of marketing solutions into Enterprise, midmarket, and small organizations with an understanding of vertical and functional business issues or high level relationships
- Proven track record of aligning Marketing with Sales with tangible success, i.e. tangible growth, lead and revenue generation achievement
- Track record of successfully creating alignment with sales and influencing across a matrix organization
- Track record of success selling through and with partners (SI, Technology, SP) and leveraging complementary business applications (MES, PLM, SCM etc.)
This role is based in Germany; the Düsseldorf region would be preferred. The role also requires frequent travelling of about 20% of the time.
Does this sound like an interesting opportunity and challenge? Please send us your CV and cover letter in English as soon as possible.
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.