Implementation Consultant - Germany (Munich/ Dusseldorf/ Hamburg)
Locatie: Munich, Germany
Afdeling: Consulting Services
to submit your résumé and cover letter.
Implementation Consultant, Germany
Location: Munich, Düsseldorf or Hamburg
Your role as Senior Implementation Consultant is about being the client’s advisor and foremost developer of Qlik’s visual analytics and master of User Interface, ergonomics, and best practices.
You will connect customer’s data and create actionable QlikView reports/dashboards for end users to rely on for their day to day business decisions. Your technical and analytical expertise will nurture customers to drive adoption and repeat purchases.
Note: Qlik Consulting has specialised roles and separates implementation of Qlik applications and creation of dashboard visualizations from Server Platform and Infrastructure Configuration.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
Internal Development & Sales Support Responsibilities
- Analyse customer requirements and develop proposals for technical solutions
- Provide onsite implementation consulting and professional services for QlikView implementations, potentially for multiple simultaneous customers and projects
- Maintain detailed knowledge of current and upcoming future product features and capabilities as well as knowledge of common customer applications and derived benefits
- Drive all aspects of successful implementations from requirements and design to mentoring and delivery
- Conduct kickoff meetings, document solutions and provide knowledge transfer
- Perform database analysis and data modelling and build QlikView applications
- Perform software installation and configuration
- Development and testing of data extract scripts. Data validation & assistance with UAT (user acceptance testing)
- Work within customer schedules whilst meeting QlikTech’s high standards for quality and professionalism
DIMENSIONS SPECIFIC TO THIS ROLEKey Stakeholders
- Assist in the development of standard reusable “productized” consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and estimates
- Participate in the pre-sales process to understand customer business and technical objectives mapped to product requirements, in order to develop innovative and effective solutions
- Document best practices in developing and deploying QlikView solutions, sharing internally for reuse by customers and partners
- Mentor and Provide hands-on expert level assistance to clients and colleagues for technical issues and knowledge transfer
- External facing: Business Users, Developers and Architects from Customer and Qlik Implementation Partners
- Internal facing: Implementation Consultants, Project Managers, Enterprise Presales Team and Education Team
COMPETENCIES & SKILLSImplementation Skills
- Germany (location: Munich)
- Deep knowledge and experience with a range of Business Intelligence tools
- Deep knowledge in Relational Database systems and data modeling, SQL preferably from DBA related work
- Deep Knowledge of Extract, Transformation and Load (ETL) tools
- Familiarity Web-based application development, including asp and IIS server platforms
- Advantageous to have basic understanding of Web application security and concepts, such as Ticketing, header injection, XSS, SSL, HTTPS, Kerberos, certificates, Active Directory, and LDAP. Knowledge of extranet architectures such as DMZ, Firewalls, Ports, Vlans and Reverse proxies. Demonstrated abilities with SSO-related software such as ADFS, SiteMinder, OpenSSO, and SAML.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Extraordinary client-facing skills with the ability to solve the clients’ needs and manage scope. Background and experience gained in top-tier consulting organizations
- Understands business processes and is aware of business politics
- Thinks quickly, responding to customer inquiries appropriately and offering creative solutions
- An outgoing, focused and organized individual, with a strong drive to succeed
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to succeed in a high pressure environment
- Excellent presentation, communications and interpersonal skills. Problem Solving and Negotiating
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly with exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills – both verbal and written. (writing samples helpful)
- Ability to generate client signoff and commitment to the overall solution, architecture and design
- Ability to organize and lead client sessions that involve non-technical resources, creating functional requirements and application design
- Understanding of project management & implementation methodologies
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies
- Ability to utilize modern software development methodologies, such as Agile with emphasis on software and application design and development lifecycle and ability to drive the development process
- B.S. in Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience.
- ITIL, MCSE or similar certification would be advantageous.
- German and English fluency mandatory
- 4 years or more experience of software implementation. Preferably a year or more of hands-on experience with QlikView, preferably including QlikView Server/Publisher and Management Console. Qlik implementation or competitor deployment experience highly advantageous.
- A passion for Business Discovery and Business Intelligence solutions 5+ years of experience in BI Software Industry preferred
- Hands-on experience with relational databases and data modeling
- Experience in establishing QlikView Server (Clusters) and Publisher across environments (development, test, acceptance and production)
- Experienced in conducting architecture reviews and provide recommended improvements
- Experience developing multi-tiered enterprise QlikView applications
- Strong BI background with ability to solve problems in a BI environment
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.
- Travel 50%-75% of the time (Can be higher or lower depending on customer requirements)
- Residing within reasonable commuting distance to Qlik’s Zurich office
Qlik’s powerful, accessible business intelligence solution enables organizations to make better and faster decisions. Its QlikView product delivers enterprise-class analytics and search with the simplicity and ease of use of office productivity software. The in-memory associative search technology it pioneered makes calculations in real-time enabling business professionals to gain insight through intuitive data exploration. Unlike traditional business intelligence products, QlikView can deliver value in days or weeks rather than months, years, or not at all. It can be deployed on premise, in the cloud, or on a laptop or mobile device—from a single user to large global enterprises. Qlik is headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, with offices around the world and a network of over 1,700 partners to serve more than 31,000 customers in over 100 countries worldwide.