The Managing Principal (MP) Consultant is responsible for managing a team of resources, utilization, consulting sales support and professional development within the regional Americas Consulting team.
The MP consultant has a strong business impact on Consulting Revenue, Team Utilization and Regional Bookings. This key role is part of the regional consulting leadership team and is critical for further growth of the Consulting Business in the Americas region. The MP consultant is capable of shaping a piece of business by being the leader in a specific Qlik domain and in a specific industry/functional area of the regional market. The MP consultant develops high-level business relations and high-impact projects. The MP is capable of leading teams and generating new business ideas.
Take full people responsibility, coach and manage 5-8 regional consultants, including developing and facilitating ongoing enablement and individual development plans and fostering long-term Qlik Consulting career development for each individual.
- Fulfill trusted advisor role for a set of defined customers, managing long-term customer relationships from pre-sales through project completion, and securing follow-up projects/extensions.
- Ensure quarterly team and personal utilization targets are met.
- Provide efficient management, oversight and coordination capabilities of the implementation throughout engagements and projects with a team of consultants (employees, partner resources and subcontractors)
- Weekly plan and follow-up on team utilization, delivery quality and revenue projection.
- Drives sales activities that generate bookings.
- Supports Creating Consulting opportunities, managing pursuits and support closing deals
- Qualifying and developing value-add propositions for Enterprise clients and prospects.
- Manage the customer relationship(s) from initial discussions to support closing of the deal.
- Present implementation offerings to existing customers and new prospects.
Lead Consultant Role
- Provide leadership for key account delivery engagements to ensure that Qlik best practices are documented and implemented. Assign project tasks to consultants on our key engagements. Lead the technical Architecture and Application Development teams to deliver a stable and highly available Qlik platform. Act as escalation point for difficult technical issues encountered during implementations.
- Provide guidance on project technical directions to Qlik implementations projects and its members.
- Secure and mange prioritized requirements and direct activities to ensure Client objectives are planned and undertaken in accordance with overall priorities
- Optimize and improve productivity of the consulting team and sub-contractors and maintain and manage the delivery oversight for the team.
- Make impact on bookings pipeline by increasing predictability of bookings forecast. Efficiently manage the delivery of engagements and projects to meet the Client’s expectations.
- Ability to work in a complex and evolving environment including Clients, Partners, and competitors
- Contribute to a positive work environment with all Qlik team member – honoring our core values
- Staffing of engagements and provide the ability to manage resources in a fast-pace environment
- Provide coaching to team members on key projects in the region. Execute their tasks in a high-pressure customer environment.
Competencies & Skills:
- Experienced in developing, expanding and managing a Qlik deployment (or other analytics / business intelligence software deployment) across an enterprise.
- Proven ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously, make appropriate project-level scoping and prioritization decisions, and ensure high levels of delivery quality.
- Ability to work in a complex and evolving environment including Customers, Partners, and competitors.
- Prior experience managing people, and experience in leading technical Consultants in the adoption of new technologies; ability to function effectively as both a leader and a team player.
- Has a solid and continuously updated understanding of the competitive software/solution landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize sufficient written and verbal business communication skills, superior business judgment abilities, analytical and interpersonal skills when interacting with cross-functional teams and a variety of stakeholders (internal, partner, customer) in a variety of sale-oriented and problem-solving situations.
- Is highly self-motivated and self-driven, and pays attention to detail.
- Able to take direction and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, with ease.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience mandatory; Master’s equivalent preferable.
- Verbal and written mastery of the English language for business.
- Analytics and business intelligence industry experience, and in-depth subject matter expertise.
- Strong customer-facing consultative skills including 5+ years of experience managing external customers in the delivery of business intelligence, systems development and systems integration projects.
- Ability to travel 40% of the time.
- Broad knowledge of a range of technologies
- +5 years in a consultancy position working with business intelligence software solutions.
- +2 years Qlik development experience.
- Goal orientation and a track record in managing Enterprise accounts for delivery and growth
- Expert presentation and communication skills are a must. Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive experience in managing prospective and existing customers both on and off-site.
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.
As part of its commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, the Company seeks to comply with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation due a disability, please email@example.com
Qlik’s powerful, accessible business intelligence solution enables organizations to make better and faster decisions. Its QlikView product delivers enterprise-class analytics and search with the simplicity and ease of use of office productivity software. The in-memory associative search technology it pioneered makes calculations in real-time enabling business professionals to gain insight through intuitive data exploration. Unlike traditional business intelligence products, QlikView can deliver value in days or weeks rather than months, years, or not at all. It can be deployed on premise, in the cloud, or on a laptop or mobile device—from a single user to large global enterprises. Qlik is headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, with offices around the world and a network of over 1,700 partners to serve more than 31,000 customers in over 100 countries worldwide.