PR Manager, APAC
Locatie: Singapore, Singapore
Afdeling: Corporate Marketing
to submit your résumé and cover letter.
This new role will be responsible for driving and executing PR and awareness across the APAC countries, both strategically and with a very hands on approach.
The goal is to advance QlikTech’s position with relevant constituents like press, as well as to drive broader awareness. This position is responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of regional public relations activities including: news releases program, media relations, social media, customer reference program, product launches, press tours and speaking opportunities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Create and deliver strategic regional measurable PR programmes and campaigns and drive drumbeat visibility across the region. Act as central clearinghouse for PR questions or suggestions for regional organization
- Work to localize Corporate PR materials, launches, activities for the local market
- Work with local country marketing managers and PR agencies to prioritize media and social media opportunities, and prepare pitches, talking points, Q&As, speaking opportunities, press tours, media or customer events and other supporting press material and visuals as needed. Own and execute key focus on platinum media opportunities
- Work with local country marketing managers to engage customers in offering testimonials and case studies for PR use. Set direction for customer storytelling and references to media. Create relationships with customer and partner executives to meet mutual goals
- Central oversight of all regional public communications, including initiative on development of news releases and social media posts and coordination of all needed internal and approvals and documentation. Responsible for approval of all regional and partner issued press releases or materials that contain QlikTech or QlikView brands
DIMENSIONS SPECIFIC TO THIS ROLE (scope/scale of role)
- Internal: sales, field marketing, corporate marketing, product marketing, partner marketing, PR & AR, partner sales & marketing
- External: media, analysts, customers, influencers, prospects, competitors and partners
- APAC, with a focus on Hong Kong, Australia, China, Singapore, Japan and India
Revenue/Cost/P&L/ Budget responsibility
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Ability to operate effectively in multiple markets, including markets where English is not the first language
- Understanding of IT PR, influencer relations, communications and be able to demonstrate innovative campaigns
- Influencing across all levels of the organization
- Outstanding communication skills
- Have a hands on approach as well as experience in driving external PR agencies
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier journalists and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements. Persuasive communicator.
- Writing and editing experience (externally focused) including planning, presentations, writing, editing, and production of press releases.
- Creative and thoughtful approach on how social media can be utilized for greatest visibility results.
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output. Comfortable offering disruptive, out of the box ideas and selling approach to internal constituents.
- Self reliant, results oriented. Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs. Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor equivalent preferable
- Or qualification in journalism or public relations
- Business level English mandatory
- Other relevant APAC languages would be an advantage
Experience (technical, commercial, industry / product / functional expertise, etc.)
- 7+ years of PR experience in a multi-national company environment
- Must have worked inhouse in an IT vendor organization, or worked on IT projects in a PR agency
- Be able to demonstrate good working media relationships
- Must have experience in working across multiple geographic markets in APAC
- Must have managed PR programs or projects and end to end delivery, and been accountable for outcomes
- Must have experience of developing and managing PR campaigns
- Mobility – up to 25% travel
QlikTech is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at QlikTech via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of QlikTech. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by QlikTech as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qlik’s powerful, accessible business intelligence solution enables organizations to make better and faster decisions. Its QlikView product delivers enterprise-class analytics and search with the simplicity and ease of use of office productivity software. The in-memory associative search technology it pioneered makes calculations in real-time enabling business professionals to gain insight through intuitive data exploration. Unlike traditional business intelligence products, QlikView can deliver value in days or weeks rather than months, years, or not at all. It can be deployed on premise, in the cloud, or on a laptop or mobile device—from a single user to large global enterprises. Qlik is headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, with offices around the world and a network of over 1,700 partners to serve more than 31,000 customers in over 100 countries worldwide.