Senior Director, Tax
Locatie: Radnor, PA, USA
to submit your résumé and cover letter.
Qlik is looking for an experienced financial professional focused on the Tax and Treasury functions. This role will report to the Chief Accounting Officer (CAO) and will partner frequently with senior management, providing strategies on global tax and treasury planning, research and decision making.
- Partner with CAO and senior leadership to ensure optimal tax decision making, manage tax advisor relationship and tax planning and research
- Review U.S. and international tax returns and manage filings for international, federal, state, local, property, excise and sales and use taxes
- Coordinate with external auditors on all income tax accounting related issues. Own tax closing and reporting processes including income tax provision, calculation of deferred tax asset (liability), valuation/FIN 48 reserves, ASC 740 calculations and effective rate analysis
- Manage audits by tax jurisdiction examiners, quantify tax and book accounting effects of audit issues raised, perform tax research with respect to audit issues and bring audits to resolution
- Direct work with outside tax and accounting advisors on domestic and international tax compliance and planning projects ensuring advisors are held accountable for delivering expected results within contracted fee arrangements
- Partner with business leaders, accounting department, finance team, corporate development, legal department and other departments to facilitate commercial transactions, including M&A, in a tax-efficient manner
- Management of foreign cash repatriation issues and other tax-related treasury matters
- Assessing the cash, tax impacts of our investments, operational results and intercompany agreements in the context of our investment and tax planning strategy
- Develop and monitor treasury operational policies
- Good leadership skills – an innovative people manager able to lead, develop and motivate and manage high performing teams. Able to foster and nurture a positive working culture and lead by example
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, developing environment with a strong focus on operational excellence, excellent organizational skills, thorough attention to detail, and a hands-on mentality
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with senior level executives and external tax advisors
- Able to work independently with little supervision, and to work effectively in cross-functional, cross-cultural teams
- Strong financial acumen and advanced aptitude in problem solving, including the ability to logically structure an appropriate analytical framework
- Ability to develop robust and collaborative relationships at all levels and demonstrate strong influencing competence
- Innovative and creative thinking and demonstrated thought leadership and decision making capability
- Strong drive, dedication and work ethic with a strong focus on customer success
- 20+ years of progressive tax experience with at least 5 years as head of tax in an international company
- Software experience is highly preferred, but not required
- Proven record of significantly impacting financial performance through the development and implementation of innovative tax strategies that minimize local, federal, and international taxes
- Strong technical and research background around federal and state tax codes and interpretation of international tax requirements
- Working knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and tax reporting systems required
- Global understanding of banking and treasury processes
- Experience working with a private equity-backed company preferred but not required
- BA/BS Degree required
- CPA Required
- Master’s Degree in Taxation strongly preferred
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.
As part of its commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, the Company seeks to comply with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation due a disability, please contact email@example.com.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
Qlik’s powerful, accessible business intelligence solution enables organizations to make better and faster decisions. Its QlikView product delivers enterprise-class analytics and search with the simplicity and ease of use of office productivity software. The in-memory associative search technology it pioneered makes calculations in real-time enabling business professionals to gain insight through intuitive data exploration. Unlike traditional business intelligence products, QlikView can deliver value in days or weeks rather than months, years, or not at all. It can be deployed on premise, in the cloud, or on a laptop or mobile device—from a single user to large global enterprises. Qlik is headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, with offices around the world and a network of over 1,700 partners to serve more than 31,000 customers in over 100 countries worldwide.