Senior Implementation Consultant
Qlik is seeking skilled developers with a strong background in application and web development for an exciting opportunity within our consulting team. In this role, you will have a major impact on the success of our latest technology, by implementing innovative customer solutions that rely on your skills and competencies in a diverse range of application development technologies.
We are a team of highly motivated individuals who deliver on the vision of self-service data discovery using compelling visualization and open source extensibility to drive our customer’s business strategies, processes and workflows. We bring our customers inspired development and innovation, comprising multiple disciplines across user interface design, user experience testing, business strategy, web development, data management and analytics.
Your role will be to function as our client’s advisor and foremost developer of visual analytics and master of visualization and information design. You’ll connect customer’s data and create actionable visualizations and libraries for end users to rely on for their day-to-day business decisions. Your technical and analytical expertise will nurture customers to drive adoption and repeat purchases.
Our ideal candidate:
You enjoy a challenge and prefer to innovate rather than just produce. You are a continuous learner, and are eager to be challenged with new application development technologies. You enjoy applying your technical experience in a hands-on capacity to create functional solutions for customers, regardless of the technology. You are flexible and open minded. You are a team player and have experience collaborating with developers, engineers, and creatives. You have the confidence and affinity for communication required to work with and speak directly to our clients. You will be part of an elite team of consultants working on high visibility engagements on leading enterprise accounts in a variety of industries.
Qualification and Experience
- Browser development: Extensive modern-browser compatible, standards-compliant web development experience (HTML5, CSS, JS and frameworks);
- Server development: Significant modern application development experience working in a modern programming language. (C#, Java, Python, Scala, etc.);
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs and other integration technologies;
- Hands-on experience with relational databases and data modeling;
- Prior consulting, client facing, or freelance experience;
- Friendly and professional demeanor with strong interpersonal skills to forge relationships of trust at all levels of the organization.
- Data visualization experience is strongly preferred. (D3, Raphaël, Google Charts, Snap.SVG, Highcharts, Chart.js, Dojox, Ico, etc.);
- Responsive web development experience (Bootstrap, Foundation, media queries, etc.);
- AngularJS experience or equivalent JS frameworks;
- Understanding of wireframing, UX design or UI patterns;
- Cloud automation experience with container services (e.g. Docker) and provisioning tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc) on AWS, Azure, etc;
- Experience with QlikView or Qlik Sense is preferred, though we are willing to train the right consultants with our technology. Other BI platform experience is relevant as well.
- Business level English mandatory;
- Other relevant languages would be an advantage.
- 5+ years as a web or application developer;
- 3+ years consulting, client facing, or freelance experience.
Job Requirements (For US – Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance. Please indicate physical and mental effort required to perform the essential functions of the job. Examples include travel requirements, performing complex mathematical calculations, weight lifting requirements etc)
- Mobility – 80-90% of travel time required.
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.
As part of its commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, the Company seeks to comply with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation due a disability, please firstname.lastname@example.org
Qlik’s powerful, accessible business intelligence solution enables organizations to make better and faster decisions. Its QlikView product delivers enterprise-class analytics and search with the simplicity and ease of use of office productivity software. The in-memory associative search technology it pioneered makes calculations in real-time enabling business professionals to gain insight through intuitive data exploration. Unlike traditional business intelligence products, QlikView can deliver value in days or weeks rather than months, years, or not at all. It can be deployed on premise, in the cloud, or on a laptop or mobile device—from a single user to large global enterprises. Qlik is headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, with offices around the world and a network of over 1,700 partners to serve more than 31,000 customers in over 100 countries worldwide.