Qlik is committed to changing the world by making it easier to make more insightful decisions, and act on them. Our Business Discovery software help organizations do more than just report findings. It allows them to explore their data and make informed decisions that can change the way they both see their business and operate more effectively. We are a Values Driven organization, operating in over 100 countries with 35,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
Do you want to be part of building an innovative, high-impact culture, where team members continuously discover, give back and achieve extraordinary results?
Qlik offers a fast paced, high-energy, innovative, global and team-oriented culture, with a flexible and exciting work environment, as well as plenty of opportunities for you to grow as a professional and as an individual.
We are looking for a talented and self-motivated Test Automation Architect to take on the overall test architecture responsibility for our Qlik product suites, working hands-on with our test automation and development teams to assure increasing test coverage, quality and efficiency.
You will be instrumental in helping us drive test automation by defining the future test automation framework, defining the standards and best practices for automated testing, as well as ensure we remain current with quickly changing industry trends and technologies.
The job requires you to be very technical and to have a broad experience from the software developer, SW testing and test automation world. You will be passionate about software verification with a natural curiosity and a strong sense of quality assurance. You have the ability to work well with others in a fun and creative environment and you see pride in efficiently delivering a world class product with high quality.
- Providing technical architecture; defining strategic direction for testing automation practices;
- Designing and developing enterprise wide, reusable testing productivity components and/or frameworks;
- Assisting in building and driving the test automation strategy with each Product Area (PA), including creating, monitoring and adjusting its implementation to make sure it is aligned with the overall R&D quality system;
- Gather requirements and designing a centralized test automation framework that automates testing for the various Qlik product compositions ensuring that we leverage a common test automation architecture;
- Communicating the test automation vision to all our global test automation team members;
- Staying current with the constantly evolving Research and Development initiatives to ensure we maintain a healthy level of automated test coverage;
- Analyzing customer feedback to identify how test gaps and suggested mitigations will affect our test automation architecture;
- Collaborating cross functionally with Test Architects and Test Leads to proactively analyze current processes and practices and defining improvements of test strategy, test frameworks, infrastructure, tools and test coverage; and
- Leading efforts to develop or acquire tools and techniques to optimize and automate all testing approaches into our daily development process and deployment pipeline.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or similar)
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in software engineering development and ample experience of test automation, design and development of automation frameworks in different technology and application platforms;
- In-depth understanding of mainstream and emerging technology standards and advancements in software test automation;
- Strong knowledge of automated testing tools and automation frameworks (Protractor, Selenium, xUnit, etc);
- Experience with RESTful Web Services API’s, Java, Angular JS as well as desktop applications in .NET, C++;
- Experience applying DevOps and continuous integration concepts including automated test coordination with tools such as Jenkins;
- Experience in implementing test automation development efforts in an Agile development environment;
- Experience with desktop, enterprise, and cloud-based application testing;
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery and applying test automation in the deployment pipeline;
- Experience in implementing test data automation solutions for continuous testing in CI/CD;
- Experience testing web/frontend, middle-tier web services and backend database components;
- Ability to work with various automation teams in order to build a unified automation style guide and ability to lead test engineering teams when needed
- Strong verbal and written skills, and to have the ability to train people when needed
- Experience from working in a global multi-site company is a plus
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qlik’s powerful, accessible business intelligence solution enables organizations to make better and faster decisions. Its QlikView product delivers enterprise-class analytics and search with the simplicity and ease of use of office productivity software. The in-memory associative search technology it pioneered makes calculations in real-time enabling business professionals to gain insight through intuitive data exploration. Unlike traditional business intelligence products, QlikView can deliver value in days or weeks rather than months, years, or not at all. It can be deployed on premise, in the cloud, or on a laptop or mobile device—from a single user to large global enterprises. Qlik is headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, with offices around the world and a network of over 1,700 partners to serve more than 31,000 customers in over 100 countries worldwide.