Test Engineer and Demo Application Developer
We believe data can change the world.
And we believe people can, too.
At Qlik, we’re committed to making it easier for people to make transformative discoveries in their data and act on them. We want to enhance everyone’s natural ability to ask questions, analyze data, and make decisions. And that helps make analyzing data a natural part of making decisions and creating value.
What makes you Qlik?
Would you like to work for a great company where you can make a difference? If you love simplicity and share a passion to challenge the conventional, here is your chance to make a career of it.
Qlik offers a fast paced, high-energy, innovative, global and team-oriented culture, with a flexible and exciting work environment, as well as plenty of opportunities for you to grow as a professional and as an individual.
As a member of our new Web Connectors Team in Lund, you will be an internal daily user and tester of our product to help enhance our product and processes; develop demo applications that will benefit users; and write and maintain product help tool content and internal troubleshooting guides used by support.
If you have an interest in delivering high quality software with significant business value and are looking for a new challenge, then this is a tremendous opportunity to make key contributions on a high profile team for one of the hottest technology companies in Business Discovery and Intelligence.Responsibilities include:
- Testing existing products created by our teams to find issues/bugs, usability and feature enhancements;
- Building QlikView and Qlik Sense applications which utilize the connectors and document for consumption by users;
- Helping define the data which the connectors should provide;
- Writing and updating product help content in collaboration with the Technical Writers;
- Assisting the Product Manager to create enablement / training sessions related to the product
- Writing automated tests where possible; having an interest in getting involved with writing code or automated test scripts and providing training and support;. and
- Handling escalated support to tickets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or similar);
- Minimum 4 years of related experience;
- Experience building applications for QlikView and Qlik Sense (particularly at the load script and data model level) an asset;
- Learning new online services and the data sets behind them;
- Experience preparing, executing and maintaining test scripts;
- Applying a proactive and pragmatic approach to improving software quality;
- Knowledge (or interest in learning) to write automated tests desirable.
- Ability to prioritize, articulate current status, blocking issues, and task estimates in project work; and
- Creative at finding unconventional solutions to problems, “thinking outside the box”, open-minded to innovation and new solutions.
You must be a highly motivated team player, reliable and dependable, dedicated not only to the craft and science of software development but also to the success of the company. We are a team of goal-oriented multi-taskers who approach problems with intellectual rigor and zest for software delivery. You should be the same.
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qlik’s powerful, accessible business intelligence solution enables organizations to make better and faster decisions. Its QlikView product delivers enterprise-class analytics and search with the simplicity and ease of use of office productivity software. The in-memory associative search technology it pioneered makes calculations in real-time enabling business professionals to gain insight through intuitive data exploration. Unlike traditional business intelligence products, QlikView can deliver value in days or weeks rather than months, years, or not at all. It can be deployed on premise, in the cloud, or on a laptop or mobile device—from a single user to large global enterprises. Qlik is headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, with offices around the world and a network of over 1,700 partners to serve more than 31,000 customers in over 100 countries worldwide.