Leveraging QlikView through Mactive Analytix to analyze financials and advertising revenue across ad type, placement, product, sales team and sales rep – all focused on driving ad revenue growth.
- Ohio's only four-time Pulitzer Prize-winning newspaper, serves readers in Summit, Portage, Stark, Medina and Wayne counties
- Delivers daily news and information in print and online at Ohio.com. The largest newspaper of Canada-based Black Press Ltd., the Akron Beacon Journal operates under Sound Publishing Holdings Inc., the parent company's Washington-based U.S. subsidiary
- Daily circulation of more than 122,000
- Headquartered in Akron, Ohio
- Gain visibility into performance of advertising sales teams
- Identify opportunities for revenue growth in advertising among mix of customers, ad type, product, placements etc.
- Deployed QlikView to 136 users across 2 functions in US: Financial Analysis: -Measure advertising revenue by GL to provide actual versus budget, and grouped by revenue category, revenue type or customer -Measure revenue performance with variances by orders, customers and sales rep Sales Advertising Analysis: -Assess sales rep performance for all charges on an ad and any credits/debits directed down to the insertion level; -Analyze order details in revenue and inches per insertion grouped by ad number, position, placement, product, customer type and by rep -Monitor average ad rate grouped by placement, ad type, product, sales team and sales rep
- Leveraged Mactive Analytix (QlikView) to aggregate modest data volumes from Mactive Finance and Sales solutions
- Improved ad revenue growth from improved visibility into operations and sales activities
- Gained ability to drill down into the data to effectively manage the business and make informed and timely decisions
- Saved time and effort of business and IT team in automating and simplifying analysis and reporting