Leveraging QlikView through Mactive Analytix to analyze financials and advertising revenue – all focused on driving ad revenue growth.
- Leading daily newspaper covering New York's Capital Region.
- Additional product and services include Capital Region TU, SourceLine, a telephone information service, timesunion.com and knick.net Internet services, DirectTU direct marketing services and hosts several major trade shows and events
- Subsidiary of the Hearst Corporation
- Daily circulation of more than 100,000
- Headquartered in Albany, New York
- Gain visibility into performance of advertising sales teams
- Identify opportunities for revenue growth in advertising among mix of customers, ad type, product, placements etc.
- Deployed QlikView to 35 users across sales and advertising from the publisher down to sales in US:
- Sales Rep Performance Analysis: Assess sales rep performance for all charges on an ad and any credits/debits directed down to the insertion level
- Ad Order Details Analysis: Analyze order details in revenue and inches per insertion grouped by ad number, position, placement, product, customer type and by rep
- Ad Rate Analysis: Monitor average ad rate grouped by placement, ad type, product, sales team and sales rep
- Leveraged Mactive Analytix (QlikView Server) to aggregate modest data volumes from Mactive solutions namely AdBase
- Improved ad revenue growth by 6%
- Gained insights into contract customers driving the change in relationship structure
- Gained ability to drill down into the data to effectively manage the business and make informed and timely decisions
- Faster in performance and more flexible solution in adding KPIs to analysis than previous solution of Crystal Reports