North America, United States
“QlikView plays a big role in supporting our performance improvement initiatives. It helps the organization improve across many different facets and dimensions and it’s been the best tool to help people understand their performance. In the future, we will look to get QlikView in the hands of more users and develop more dashboards.”
Mike Doyle, Enterprise Data Warehouse Manager, Allina Health
- Allina Health is a not-for-profit healthcare system dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
- Allina Health is one of only 32 organizations nationally that has been selected to be part of the Center for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) Innovation’s Pioneer Accountable Care Organization (ACO) model.
- Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN
- Improve information infrastructure
- Manage and visualize enormous amount of data that will eventually be reported to the government
- Allina Health deployed QlikView to provide a scalable and user friendly infrastructure for performance improvement in a short period of time.
- QlikView was rolled out in five areas. As a result, individual dashboards were created within each of those areas that allow users of any kind to see, understand and analyze data critical to the organization’s continued success. Each of the five dashboards was rolled out in 2012 and received high praise from users. Users now rely on QlikView to manage and analyze data in areas of:
- Patient Census
- Patient Experience Dashboard (HCAHPS)
- Ambulatory Quality Measures
- Patient Experience (CGCAHPS)
- Potentially Preventable Readmissions
- With QlikView deployed and its performance improvement initiatives in place, Allina Health is equipped to meet the guidelines and specifications for clinical measurement in the Pioneer ACO model.
- Improved transparency of physicians and clinician performance
- Provided comprehensive access to data about ambulatory care quality across organization
- Enabled collaboration with care providers to deliver an optimal patient experience