Europe, United Kingdom
Groot en detailhandel
IT, Marketing, Operations, Supply Chain, Finance, Human Resources
“We need to react quickly to what happens in the store during each day. QlikView gives us up-to-the-minute insight and analytics. Hourly sales figures are delivered to management, allowing us to make real-time business decisions for store performance and enhance our customer experience.”
—Helen Duffy, Head of IT, Arnotts
- Established in 1843, Arnotts is the oldest and largest department store in Ireland, with more than 300,000 square feet of retail space. It is ranked among the top-five department stores in the British Isles.
- Arnotts is known for innovation in IT, and recently became the first department store.
- Extracting business value and insight from customer data held on disparate data and department related systems including Oracle Retail & Financials, Excel, EPOS, HR, Finance and Customer Loyalty (Arnottscard)
- Building a central data repository for a flexible and intuitive approach
- On-the-fly access and utilisation of data providing users with a consistent view of the whole business
- Providing staff with a true self-service Business Discovery platform
Arnotts deployed QlikView replacing its SAP Crystal Reports BI software and delivered in phased approach to Buying & Merchandising, Retail Operations, Marketing & Management; quickly followed by Finance, HR and areas of the business looking at avoiding or reducing product wastage.
- Four months from initial decision to delivering live applications
- Significantly reducing administration costs
- Providing operations directors with hourly sales figures
- Reducing time to analyse sales data from once daily to near real-time
- Analysis for customer insight
•Improving efficiency and productivity