Middle East, Lebanon
Onderwijs / Non-Profit
Executive, Finance, Human Resources, IT, Operations
"What’s particularly impressive about QlikView is the rich set of out-of-the-box tools that can be used without needing a great deal of technical expertise. The key to its success is its unique associative experience—you can see immediately how one data set relates to another from a different source.”
—Rami Farran, Director of Solution Development,
American University of Beirut
The American University of Beirut, founded in 1866, is the leading academic institution in Lebanon, with 8,000 students. It offers high-quality academic courses taught in English, as well as a prestigious 420-bed teaching hospital.
- Manage “big data” and extract valuable insight
- Replace Oracle business intelligence solution
- Create roadmap for use of QlikView throughout the campus
The American University of Beirut deployed QlikView to more than 380 users, initially to manage performance in its medical center. It is now extending its use to other university departments and faculties.
- Reduced time to produce analysis from 15 days to one day
- Enabled analysis from disparate data sources and ERP systems
- Improved performance and efficiency of medical center
- Standardized business discovery platform with 24 dashboards already created.