Asia Pacific, China
"Through the use of QlikView, we have achieved rapid integration of our existing operational systems, reducing complex transactional tasks and manual analysis of data. By aggregating the data dispersed within the company, we analyse the data quickly from any angle and to any level of detail. This helps management to accurately get a grasp of the business on any day for any time period and track details of investments and development projects in real-time.
Teng Ran, Chief Financial Officer, Chongqing Shanshui Urban Tourism Development Ltd.
- Chongqing Shanshui Urban Tourism Development Ltd is a part of the Chongqing Jiaotong Tourism Investment Group Co., Ltd.
- The company is mainly involved in investing in tourism projects, development of tourism resources, planning for tourism products and advertising of tourist spots, design, production, agency, hotel management, and management of tourist attractions
- Established in 2007 with a registered capital of 165 million yuan
- Before adopting a BI platform, Chongqing Shanshui was putting together data from a complicated list of sources, including a financial system with ERP functions, as well as disparate Excel files.
- Report development was rigid and they were not able to maximize the use of existing data
- Due to the nature of its industry, Chongqing Shanshui needed to get the latest insights into its business quickly
- The first phase was rapidly deployed by Chongqing Shanshui within 1 month
- Used QlikView’s Extraction, Tranformation and Loading (ETL) engine to quickly extract and consolidate the disparate Excel data
- Developed a unified and centralized decision support platform, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of the data. This in turn enables the management to make critical decisions impacting the business.
- Rapidly aggregate disparate data, achieving 30% savings in human resources required for data analysis
- Regulation of basic data, increasing the data accuracy and effectiveness, ultimately providing management with an objective view of the business to aid decision-making
- Flexibility to swiftly analyze the huge volume of data typically generate in the tourism industry from any angle