Human Resources, Operations, Executive, IT
“The good thing about QlikView is that data warehousing became altogether unnecessary for performance management reporting. Now we’re expanding its use to across all the Force business areas.”
Dr Richard Bullock
Force Performance Analysis Manager, Devon and Cornwall Police
- Devon and Cornwall Police in the United Kingdom covers the largest geographical police force area in England, extending 180 miles from the Dorset and Somerset county borders in the east to the Isles of Scilly in the west.
- Previous performance management system was incapable of meeting the needs of the Force for granular and easily accessible information
- Improve resource allocation within the Force
- Offer better support for intelligence-led policing
- Improve information flow between the police and the community
- Devon and Cornwall Police has developed up to 30 applications since deploying QlikView to 40 employees in 2008, which cover a wide range of business intelligence analysis and reporting..
- Improved monitoring of staff and Force performance at all levels
- Management information now available in near real time
- All staff to have self-service access to extract reports
- Improved flow of information from the police to the community
- Dashboards centralise data from multiple sources into one place