Transport & Logistiek
Operations, Sales, Supply Chain
"We’re proud of the speed and in particular the depth of detail of the evaluations, providing vital indicators for management of the business."
- Established in 1928 in Cologne
- 1,800 employees and 40 branches worldwide, 18 of which are in Germany
- Every day, 130 Emons Spedition lorries are on the roads, as well as 900 sub-contractor vehicles
- Approximately 10,000 client orders are processed daily
- Transport optimisation by detailed analysis of dispatch and merchandise structures required
- Identification of links between weight, volume and timing with reference to price
- Greater cost transparency required
- Manual evaluations based on the Euromistral ERP system was too laborious
- QlikView is used for finance, transport, sales, management and in IT:
- Order monitoring: how do specific orders develop over time? What is the relationship between the number of orders and the number of clients? Are there links between turnover, weights, and costs?
- Transport optimisation: evaluation of situation, item and pallet prices regardless of size and weight, utilisation analyses by destination location or packaging units.
- More than 35,000 data records are analysed daily, down to dispatch item level
- Speed and detailed depth of evaluation
- Identification of correlations between traffic flows or the success or failure of new products
- Evaluations of geographical workload and lorry-capacity utilisation.
- Analyses possible independent of the IT departments