Asia Pacific, Australia
Groot en detailhandel
Executive, Finance, Operations, Sales
“I knew that QlikView could be used effectively by a non-finance person to monitor sell-through, follow trends and access the information required.”
Darren Moncrieff, CFO, Karl’s Mega Sports
- Leading sports and surf retailer in Victoria, Australia.
- 3 Mega Stores stocking a wide range of products for men, women and children.
- Recognised the need for increased efficiency, accountability and control across the organisation from Point of Sale through to financials, sales, customer loyalty, inventory and reporting.
- Deployed Shopkeeper for retail management from Markinson with QlikView as the analytics and reporting interface.
- All GL, Sales and Inventory data uploaded into QlikView. Sales structured by department and then product group.
- Business performance analysis undertaken by CFO and GM.
- Stock level analysis undertaken by individual buyers.
- QlikView application built to analyse KPI’s that drive performance:
- % Gross Profit
- Location variance analysis and budget
- Effective sell-through
- Insights were accessible straight away. Team was trained easily and using the solution competently in just a few days.
- Increased transparency across business units; provides the platform for small businesses to operate in the same league as major corporates.
- Time savings for buying team who have full visibility of stock; no guesswork.
- Cash flow savings through accuracy of buying decisions.
- Quick and easy performance monitoring and reporting:
- Buyers monitored on % of Gross Profit
- Store Managers monitored on individual P&L performance