North America, United States
Groot en detailhandel
Finance, Marketing, Operations
"If you don’t have a BI tool that allows you to really drill down into where you can improve as a company, you are at a disadvantage. We have saved substantial time and money on creating reports and it is amazing what we are able to do with small teams of people."
—Wade Sims, Senior Developer of BI MAPCO Express, Inc.
- MAPCO is one of the largest company-operated convenience store chains in the United States, and one of the leading C-store operators in the Southeast.
- The company operates approximately 370 convenience stores in seven states under the MAPCO Express®, MAPCO Mart®, East Coast®, Discount Food Mart™, Fast Food and Fuel™, Delta Express®, and Favorite Markets® brand names.
- Headquartered in Brentwood, Tenn.,
- Industry: Retail.
- Improve reporting accuracy
- Gain insights from data
- Increase operations visibility
- MAPCO deployed QlikView in October 2009 up and down the organization; however the primary users are a core group of mid-level management in operations and finance responsible for tracking customer and loyalty trends and margin reporting.
- QlikView has allowed MAPCO to track and understand customer behaviors on a very granular level. Its Loyalty Application, for example, gives users deep visibility into customer patterns.
- Insights gained from QlikView allow MAPCO the ability to identity particular customers, understand what is important to them and bring them into a pleasant buying experience with desired products and an inviting environment. This has greatly benefited MAPCO’s financials and bottom line.
- Understand customer behavior
- Improved staffing practices
- Increased store profitability