North America, United States
Executive, Sales, Finance, Operations
“QlikView allows the data experts in the business to do reporting efficiently without a lot of overhead. The solution’s performance is phenomenal and the business discovery our employers are enabled to do now has had a great impact on our business.”
Jeff Brobst, VP Financial Planning & Analysis, McAfee
- Founded in 1987, McAfee is now the world’s largest dedicated security technology company with over 125 million users in 120 countries around the world.
- The company’s mission is to protect consumers and businesses of all sizes from the latest malware and emerging online threats.
- Increase time spent on analyzing data
- Obtain consistent reporting truths
- McAfee conducted a performance audit with various BI solutions and chose QlikView because of its ease of development and simple user interface.
- McAfee brought in Star Analytics, a QlikView partner and software development companywith a focus on automation and application integration across hybrid computing environments.The Star Integration Server pulled data in a format that is easily consumable by QlikView and delivered it in a format that ensures componentsare accurately rendered in QlikView.
- In order to further ensure the implementation would go smoothly, an additional QlikView Partner, NxGen Consulting (recently acquired by Clarity Solution Group), also came on board.
- The QlikView solution was implemented at McAfee in 2011.Roughly 25 users were granted licenses, primarily in the finance department, and results were seen immediately.
- QlikView was then rolled out to key individuals in sales and upper management and operational processes improved dramatically.
- To date, there are approximately 200 QlikView users at McAfee and that number will continue to grow.
- Decreased time and resources spent on aggregating reports
- Achieved “single source of truth” for data
- Improved operational and business processes
- Estimated savings of 30% on employees’ resources and time