Europe, United Kingdom
Executive, Finance, IT
“I have never encountered a solution that is so simple to use as QlikView. The whole migration was done in 40 minutes and no down time!”
—Matt Maguire, Systems Analyst, Messier Services Ltd
Messier-Bugatti-Dowty (Safran) is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems, encompassing the full life cycle of products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul. The company is a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and supports more than 23,000 aircraft making over 40,000 landings every day.
- QlikView under utilized and only used for reporting
- Needed to leverage platform as strategic BI toolkit
- Migration required minimal downtime as part of ERP launch
- QlikView 11.2 deployed onto new 64-bit server as part of MRP strategic solution in 40 minutes with no re-boot or down time.
- QlikView delivered as strategic BI tool for use from ‘shop floor’, to IT, finance and management as business discovery for data access, analysis, manipulation and reporting.
- QlikView had to encompass company culture of ‘continuous improvement’ where employee ideas are encouraged. Users can share ideas and develop new apps and dashboards easily and quickly.
- Immediate access to and analysis of ‘critical’ historical aircraft data
- All users can self-learn and self-serve
- Ease in building new apps recognized and company provided ‘QlikView Café’ to encourage user collaboration