Groot en detailhandel
Sales, Human Resources, Supply Chain, Finance
"I've been waiting for a solution like QlikView for the past 15 years. Ideas that were once pushed into a drawer can at last be realised, by the departments, without IT support."
Head of Control
- 150 branches and 5,000 employees.
- Headquarters at Völs near Innsbruck in Austria
- One of the country's oldest supermarket chains, established in 1920
- Efficient management of the company throughout its divisions, for example range policy, logistics, human resources and finances.
- Analysis of bulk data (about 600 million data records).
- Self-service business intelligence for around 300 branch employees instead of inflexible and virtually meaningless reports.
- Evaluation of data from a wide variety of systems in QlikView:
Range analysis: how are individual items selling in individual branches? Have fresh products been bought which couldn't be sold (wastage)? How large are stocks of individual items?
Human resources analysis: analysis of absenteeism and fluctuations, dependent on branches, branch managers, and job.
Other issues: logistics, purchasing, financial controlling.
- Linking of data from Oracle, BMD Fibu, Professional Planner and various other sources.
- Analysis of bulk data at the click of a button without delay.
- Independent analysis of relevant data by branch users, restricted to their sector of the business.
- Relieving the burden on the IT department. Rapid implementation of new ideas and requirements directly by the specialist departments.