Europe, United Kingdom
“The introduction of QlikView has vastly improved budget holders’ ability to access the information they need to manage their budgets and to carry out accurate forecasting.”
Executive Director of Strategic Resources, Peterborough City Council
- Peterborough City Council is a unitary local government authority in the United Kingdom delivering high quality public services to around 175,000 people.
- The authority employs 6,500 staff and has annual budget of around £217 million (2009-2010).
- It is making major efficiency savings to meet stringent government targets for reduced spending in the public sector.
- Multitude of reports generated from diverse systems to produce budget information
- Time delays in accessing budgetary control information
- Data only available at month end resulting in difficulties in forecasting variations
- Inability to easily extract procurement data to identify potential efficiency savings
- The council deployed QlikView in the last quarter of the 2009-2010 financial year enabling the assembling of numerous data sources in one business intelligence application. This allowed the production of faster and more accurate finance reports for users.
- Annual productive time savings of £150,000
- Budgetary information available during the month instead of at month end only.
- Reporting of prior month budgetary information improves by two working days.
- Budget holders now work by exception rather than re-doing forecasts every month
- Flexible data views ensure better oversight of procurement key performance indicators