Asia Pacific, Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Philippines, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand
Sales, Supply Chain, Marketing
The IS of today is about what information and insights we can provide the business with, rather than just the technology to store, transmit and retrieve data. BI gives us this capability, and has given us the creditability. QlikView provides the ease of this implementation.
Glen Francis, Head of IS, RS Components
- RS Components is a world-leading distributor of electronic components, and part of Electrocomponents PLC in the United Kingdom, a FTSE public listed company.
- The global company has over 4,000 employees, while RS Components employs over 1,000 throughout Asia Pacific.
- The company has a range of 450,000 electronic components and industrial products that it supplies to over 1.6 million customers worldwide in over 80 countries.
- Multiple locations and critical decisions
- RS Components implemented the QlikView solution to provide management oversight to its entire business across the Asia Pacific.
- The solution draws 8 primary data sources from Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Japan, to a centralized repository, reducing reporting time and freeing up resources to concentrate on performing analysis.
Data Source Systems
- Application: CDC Pivotal
- Database: Oracle JDE