Executive, Operations, Finance
"QlikView, by letting us analyze and visualize our key data, provides us with the perfect basis for optimizing our manufacturing processes.”
Cheikh Ould Oudeika
Siemens Turbomachinery Equipment
- Siemens Turbomachinery Equipment in Germany designs, manufactures and sells turbo machines—turbines, compressors and ventilators.
- The company’s products are used in a variety of industries ranging from sewage treatment to installing technical equipment in construction projects.
- Siemens Turbomachinery Equipment is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens AG and has a workforce of around 600 at its plants in Frankenthal and Leipzig.
- Microsoft Excel as a tool was too static with limited performance.
- High administrative costs for data assessment.
- Assessments only possible by calling in the IT department.
- A QlikView Server was installed as a new scalable software platform.
- Twenty staff from the order management and production supervision departments use QlikView to screen and analyse key data from FELIOS, a planning and scheduling system.
- Increased ability to meet deadlines
- Production optimisation by assessing key data
- Cross-system analysis of inventory of main data
- Independent key data assessment by specialist departments
- Eases workload for IT department