Asia Pacific, Singapore
Onderwijs / Non-Profit
"Because of the QlikView Academic Program, instead of using textbooks, our students are getting real industry experience with Big Data tools to learn about a wide variety of industries such as transportation, beverage and retail. As a result, students preparing for careers are gaining strong analytical skills, and learning how they can leverage data to make better business decisions. Knowing how to use a ground-breaking tool like QlikView lets them show their future bosses what’s possible.”
—Keith Carter, Adjunct Associate Professor, Decision Sciences National, University of Singapore Business School
- A leading global university influencing the future by transforming the way people think and do things through education, research and service.
- Mission: To be a leading globally-oriented university with distinctive expertise and insights relating to Asia.
- Located in Singapore, Asia Pacific
- Industry: Education
- Build students’ understanding of data analytics
- Reinvigorate industry learning process
- Bring practical industry experience into learning practices
- The National University of Singapore leveraged the QlikView Academic Program to implement QlikView as part of its core curriculum developed in less than two weeks.
- The students’ end of year assignment was to build a QlikView application to analyze information about a publicly traded or private company to better inform business. The students took on this challenge and discovered very interesting insights into big name companies across multiple industries.
- The QlikView Academic Program is designed to support the academic community by enabling hands-on experience with QlikView in a college or university-supported curriculum. Established in July of 2012, the program provides free QlikView licenses to accredited, university-level, publicly- and privately-funded institutions worldwide. The program also comes with online resources and training for faculty.
- Improved students’ industry experience
- Equipped students with strong analytics skills
- Increased student satisfaction and engagement