Finance, Human Resources, Operations
"QlikView has made my team look like heroes. With it, we are able to give everyone — from top management to line managers on the plant floor — the tools and ability to make decisions based on data, not hunches. And we do so within days, sometimes hours."
Todd Graham, IT Business Analyst, US Synthetic Corporation
- Industry leader in the development and production of polycrystalline diamond cutters (PDCs) for oil and gas exploration.
- Subsidiary of Dover Corporation
- More of the world’s energy suppliers rely on US Synthetic than any other PDC manufacturer.
- The company employs over 600 people, and is located in Orem, Utah
- Increase flexibility for new reporting demands and ad hoc analysis
- Develop and/or implement solutions that provide valid, accessible and useful information at all levels within the organization.
- Integrate and analyze large amounts of data from ERP systems.
- Deployed QlikView Server and Publisher to 50 employees for operational analysis in only one week.
- Analyzes yields and production, lead time, customer profitability, and safety rates.
- Easily supports analysis and visibility while handling the large data volume of millions of records.
- Significantly lowered scrap rate.
- Enabled real-time access to yields and production data that once took five days of prep time each month.
- Empowered end users to perform their own changes and customizations.
- Avoided need to hire approximately one or two additional employees for data analysis and eliminated two full time data entry/clerical positions.