Finance, Operations, Service & Support
"With QlikView, we are able to build meaningful applications that offer users across all functions access to information as needed. QlikView has increased everyone's productivity."
Ernest A. Botte, Director, Information Systems, Wheelabrator Technologies, Inc.
- Leader in the delivery of clean, renewable electric power to major utilities for distribution to hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses.
- Wholly-owned subsidiary of Waste Management, Inc. of Houston, Texas
- Owns and operates 16 waste-to-energy facilities and five independent power production facilities
- The 21 facilities have a combined electric generating capacity of 836 megawatts - enough energy to power more than 900,000 homes
- Put information into the hands of users quickly and reliably and enable business users to run ad hoc reports without waiting for IT.
- Integrate and analyze data from disparate systems and facilities.
- Create visibility into real-time costs related to power, repair and maintenance.
- Wheelabrator deployed QlikView in-memory associative analysis to 20 employees for financial analysis in less than 10 days and with impressive results.
- Company continued to deploy QlikView to 44 additional employees across a total of 21 locations for operational and service and support analysis.
- With QlikView Server (64-bit) and the import of over three years of data, users are now able to quickly create their own reports and access key business information.
- Expects to reduce inventory carrying costs by 5% in only 12 months.
- Increased efficiency: IT has more time to develop strategic reports while users are able to quickly create their own reports.
- Facilitated environmental initiative to move towards a paperless workplace.