Qlik Sense System Administrator
The Qlik Sense System Administrator Certification Exam tests your knowledge of managing a Qlik Sense environment. This exam tests your ability to set up the environment, configure access, configure apps, tasks and the content library, manage the environment, and troubleshoot problems and errors.
About this Exam
The Qlik Sense System Administrator Certification Exam is a 2 hour, multiple choice knowledge test delivered at Pearson VUE Test Centers globally. It is available in English only. This exam has 60 questions.
- At least 6 months experience as an administrator of a Microsoft Windows Server-based environment
- Experience working with Qlik Sense sites and the Qlik Management Console, to provide data and application governance, library maintenance, as well as user and application security
- Experience managing the policies and options that run the Qlik Sense servers and apps
- Experience creating rules and managing the visualization streams
- Knowledge of networking and Active Directory configuration, proxies, intermediate web servers, load balancers, etc.
- Familiarity with Windows tools and logs created (e.g., Event Viewer, Services Console, DCOM Console, Windows Registry)
- Experience using NSLookUp, Telnet, Ping, NetStat, Fiddler, and other browser tools to troubleshoot connectivity, interoperability, configuration, performance, etc.
Recommended Preparation Resources
Exam Domain Areas
Set Up the Environment (10% of the exam)
- Determine resources to meet the system requirements
- Complete the installation
- Apply a certificate
Configure Access (30% of the exam)
- Establish a user directory connection and refresh schedule
- Determine when to create a single and/or multiple streams
- Ensure a specific user/group has access to a specific stream
- Set up security rules given a set of directives for apps/roles/streams/etc.
- Analyze security rules to determine access to apps
- Confirm access rules for a specific scenario to control distribution of login and user access tokens
Configure Apps, Tasks and the Content Library (25% of the exam)
- Design efficient task schedule for the available reload resources
- Evaluate the effect of a task in a given scenario
- Move or import an app within an environment
- Import an extension within an environment
- Determine the appropriate method for handling content
- Share and/or manage data connections to specific groups
Manage the Environment (22% of the exam)
- Analyze apps, streams, tasks, roles, extensions and content, and make recommendations for changes (i.e., sync rules and tasks)
- Manage rights for user groups, including overlapping security rules/access rights
- Manage allocation of tokens to reflect the business demands
- Determine the reason and/or method for expanding the environment (i.e., add a node, allocate content to a node, add services to a node, etc.)
Monitor and Troubleshoot the Environment (13% of the exam)
- Identify monitoring tools to proactively manage resources including, but not limited to memory, processor, and license tokens
- Diagnose and/or resolve the root cause of errors (i.e., system crash, driver crash, network issues, synchronization issues, policy updates, certificates, etc.)